Saturday 24 August 2013

I heart Japan

Sometimes my heart feels like it’s bleeding when I think of Japan. Similar to a homesickness feeling. It’s normally a short, sharp memory of our trip that brings it on. It could be a whiff of my perfume that I wore in Japan that starts it. Or it could be nothing in particular at all that triggers it. It just happens. 

Today Rosie from The Londoner asked us what our dream trip would be. Easy question for me to answer because I feel like I’ve already been on it! And I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

My family don’t seem to have a strong interest in travelling to Japan. My mum and stepdad are more into cruising pacific islands and my dad and stepmum are similarly keen on Fiji, Hawaii and the like. That’s all well and good but I think if they went to Japan they would be pleasantly surprised.

Here are some of the things that I like best about Japan.

Travelling from city to city, from island to island on shinkansen (bullet trains).


Riding on any of the reliable public transport to get around.

Eating my weight’s worth in ramen…

And delicisies.





Visiting temples and shrines.

Exploring old castles and traditional Japanese houses.




Walking the crowded streets and shopping arcades.

Relaxing in onsens and public baths.

The thought of all these things fill me with so much joy!

I’m so eager to go back and not only experience these things all over again for myself but be able to share these experiences with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment